Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What won't I do to promote my writing?

I am off to the city for my first and very likely last photo shoot as a leg model. I've contributed an essay to an anthology of women writing about life in their 40s (so I had to extrapolate forward, in that I'm still 27.) Anyway the cover will feature some feminine legs in kicky shoes and aside from the two professional 20-something models on the shoot, they wanted one regular person. So yes, mine will be the varicose-veined legs scarred from hours walking through the Oakland Hills with the dog, reaching out to the plus sized and/or over 40 readers.

Sigh.

The argument that finally won me over to participate? "If it's really bad, you could probably write an essay about it." Gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...