Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The glamorous life of a model



So I wrapped up my fashion modeling career about 120 minutes after it started today.

It was all for a good cause: the anthology "Knowing Pains: Old Enough to Know Better, Young Enough to Do Something About It," being compiled by my friend Molly Rosen. Aside from essayists contemplating the meaning of being 40-something, 100% of the book's profits will go to fund breast cancer research and access to care. It was an honor to be invited to share an essay, and then to participate in this cover photo shoot. (My essay is on how having a passion for a hobby can keep us young and obviate the need for plastic surgery or eye lifts. My passion? Really? You have to ask? Following the music of a certain antipodean musician.)

So we were in the photog studio of Holly Stewart, a great space in the Mission with lots of sun and a friendly dog. Two very sweet young ladies from the Ford Modeling Agency were there, along with stylist Maureen French and a big fat pile of fancy shoes. Jette, Nina and I spent about 90 minutes laying on our backs on a pile of blankets, wearing fancy shoes and pointing our toes and crossing our legs and uncrossing them and moving the left one down no not that far down now swivel to the left so we can see your heel...you get the idea. When we finally got to sit up again, all the blood rushed from our brains back into our legs. Dang. Here's a photo of me losing my mental edge, as it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...