Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday's Music Moment - Rob Base and DJ Ez Rock

On Wednesday night I went to see The Proposal, the romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I went to the newly refurbished Alameda Theater in downtown Alameda. Which was funny, because the friend I arranged to meet for the movie went to see it at UA Emeryville. So five minutes before curtain time I was jumping back into my car and testing my friend's theory that I could make it back across the estuary, through downtown Oakland and into my theater seat before the previews ended.

The cinema gods and the green lights were with me, and I managed to make it only 30 seconds late. Very funny, cute movie - predictable, but the two main characters were so well conceived and acted that it more than made up for it. One of the funniest moments comes during their late-night rendition of "It Takes Two" by Rob Base and DJ Ez Rock, which reminded me how much I loved that song.

But then I remembered this one and chose it for Friday's Music Moment instead. I love the gospel influence, the dinner plate sized gold medallion, and Ez's sweater that looks like my grandmother gave it to him. But mostly I just love old school hip hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...