Thursday, December 3, 2009

Friday's Music Moment - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Ok readers, after I gave you wide open choice for today's Music Moment I was hoping at least one person would make a request! (And yes, it was to save me from having to come up with something while I am am jetlagged from my biz trip to London...as I type this I've been awake for 21 hours or something.)

But actually it was pretty easy to come up with today's Music Moment -the late Brother Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Tonight is D-6's big stage debut as Dorothy, so it had to be a song from the show. And whenever I hear this beautiful sad version, mixed up with Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World," it makes me think about how fast the girls are growing up. Even being away from them for a few days is hard when they're changing and growing so quickly...

And one more tie-in to London - as I took the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station on Sunday morning, the dark, cloudy skies were interrupted by the most gorgeous, complete rainbow I've ever seen, a colorful counterpoint to the November drizzle and rain.

Happy Friday - I'm happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...