Sunday, January 18, 2009

My feet will be on national TV









On Friday, Jan 23, Knowing Pains will be featured on the Today Show. This anthology, to which I contributed an essay about the rejuvenating effects of rock fan-dom, is a grassroots fundraiser for breast cancer research and access to care. All of the contributors waived their royalties and everything else from photography to illustrations and PR has been donated by people eager to support the cause. (Besides my essay, I contributed my feet to the photo on the cover of the book.)100% of the books' profits go Breast Cancer Action.

So it's pretty exciting to think that after Friday the demand for KP will jump (no, not to Oprah-like dimensions, but still) and all that $$ will flow in BCAction's coffers. I have no idea what time the segment is on - editor Molly Rosen will appear along with two NYC-based contributors, Amy Smith and Cari Shane Parven.

Back here in the Bay Area, I'm scheduled for two readings in the next few weeks: Thurs. Jan 29th at a private event in Oakland and Thurs. Feb 12 at Books Inc. in Laurel Village. Hope to see some Finn fans and 40-somethings and breast cancer haters there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...