Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Music Moment - Rain on My Parade

I tried to keep away from the Glee, I did. And in fact this isn't actually a clip from Glee - it's Barbra Streisand, singing the original song that the Glee diva Rachel (played by Lea Michele) pulled out of her sock at the big Sectionals competition. It was so great, it was crazy. We had to track down the original performance and now the movie from which it comes, Funny Lady, is in our Netflix queue.

Rachel sang the hizzell out of this song, but Barbra gets my vote because this clip, from 1975 when I was 9, suddenly explains the choice of my hairstyle for my third grade picture. Blonde, down to my butt, split ends, brushed as flat as possible to the sides of my head; a perfect complement to the Mrs. Beasley brown eyeglasses. If only I'd been allowed to wear a sequined caftan.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...