Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday's Music Moment - Painful Memories from the 1970s

My parents are visiting from New York and, as is customary, most of their time is spent catching up on every important thing in my kids' lives. Right now, that includes the Jonas Brothers...I found Mom sitting on her bed the first day with the girls spreading magazine pictures of the JoBros onto her lap and talking about their attributes in that high, breathy chatter that ends up sounding like white noise.

"Ugh, Jonas Brothers," I said in loving derisiveness. Mom looked up at me. "Osmond Brothers, One Bad Apple," was her response.

Ouch.

Yes, this is the band that drove me WILD in 1972 and after locating this video, I can see why. The white jumpsuits! The fringe! The spaghetti legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...