Thursday, August 7, 2008

Working down the checklist

Here is a list of places I have gone and things I have done since last Monday, when our 17 year old French exchange student arrived to spend the month with us in Oakland:

1.) Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge
2.) Walked up and down Lombard Street, "The Crookedest Street in the World."
3.) Took BART to San Fran and toured Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach, and the Ferry Building in one day
4.) Visited the Cal campus, including a trip up to the top of the Campanile
5.) Shopped in Old Oakland in the newly revitalized 8th Street corridor

Here is the how many of those things I had done before, at least once, during my 10 years in the Bay Area:
ZERO.

I highly recommend getting yourself an exchange student, it really brings a staycation to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...